lunes, 1 de febrero de 2016

Spurned Kit Kat Lover Demands Lifetime Supply of Candy Bars From Nestle

Gimme a break.

The iconic Kit Kat bar is a simple creation of four crispy wafers enrobed in chocolate — so if one of those essential elements were to go missing, the resulting candy would be awfully disappointing. And, according to one UK woman, even emotionally distressing.

According to the Daily Mail, 20-year-old law student Saima Ahmad purchased a package of Kit Kat bars from a supermarket for £2 (just under $3) last month only to discover that every one was missing the expected wafer. She's now demanding restitution from Nestle in the form of a lifetime supply of the candy bars.

Ahmad's demand letter to Nestle reads in part:

The truth of the matter is; manufacturers owe a duty of care to consumers. The specific duty you owe is consistency in your manufacturing process. The failure to take due care in the manufacturing process resulted in a product being defective. As a result I feel as though I have been misled to part with my money and purchase a product that is clearly different from what has been marketed by Nestle.

The loss I have suffered is of monetary and emotional significance. I would like a full refund of the defective pack of KitKat I purchased. I have also lost my faith in Nestle.

Clearly, if I wanted to purchase a confectionary item that is purely chocolate, I would have purchased a bar of Galaxy. I would therefore like to request a life-long supply of KitKat so that I can act as a means of quality control — it appears you need me more than I need you.

Perhaps the company could send her one of its exclusive-to-Japan Kit Kats covered in real gold to help make amends. But whether or not Nestle gives in to Ahmad's demands, she'll no doubt be making some law professor mighty proud with her demand letter tactics. Eater has reached out to Nestle for comment on the situation.



from Eater - All http://ift.tt/20jL0i7
via IFTTT

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario